Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
about 40 miles—he says he c
“Other performance-based sneakers, such as LeBron’s line and the initial release of the Nike Flyknit, were big,” says Yu-Ming Wu, CMO Nike Air Max Tavas Womens at Stadium Goods and founder of Sneaker Con and SneakerNews. “But there’s extra hype around the Vaporfly Elite because they’re beyond limited.”
Hyped? Certainly. Every media outlet from Wired to GQ to, of course, Runner’s World has lavished attention on the Vaporfly in both its Elite and 4% incarnations. And with some justification: For many runners, the Vaporfly is the gamechanger www.zebyswiedzial.plthey’ve been looking for. Kipchoge wore the Vaporfly when he won the Berlin Nike Air VaporMax Femme Marathon this year; Galen Rupp and Tirunesh Dibaba wore the shoe when they won Chicago; so did four of the five top women at the NYC marathon, including the winner, Shalane Flanagan. According to a (Nike-funded) study published in November in the journal Sports Medicine, the Vaporfly really does lower the energy cost of running, suggesting that runners of all levels, not just Nike Air Max 2017 Femme elites, would be faster in the shoes. Runner’s World’s own Shoe Lab tested the Vaporfly and found it delivered 80 percent energy return in the heel and 77 percent in the forefoot—the highest values we’d ever recorded.“It allows for me to be a more efficient runner,” says Iman Smith, 38, a former Army sergeant turned full-time runner, who ran a 3:10 in New York, shaving 40 minutes off his Nike Air Presto Femme previous PR. Even though Smith acknowledges his intensive training had a Nike Air Force 1 Dames lot to do with his performance—a low-mileage week for him is about 40 miles—he says he can’t imagine racing without the 4%. “You’re not thinking about the shoe. Typically when you’re running for an extended amount of time, at some point you’re always thinking about the shoes. You’re thinking, My feet are hurting. Am Nike Air Max 95 Femme I getting blisters? I’m starting to feel the ground under my feet. Nike Blazer Womens [But in the Vaporfly 4%] I felt like I could literally run forever.”Acquiring a pair of the Vaporfly 4% is not, however, as easy as walking into a store and plunking down your credit card. Running stores are perpetually sold out, and even Nike.com has for months shown a “coming soon” notice for the 4%.
Nike does have a third shoe in the series, the Zoom Fly, which is truly widely Nike Air Max 2017 Womens available, uses a more standard midsole foam, called Lunarlon, and retails for Nike Air Huarache Womens $150—a quarter the price of the Elites, but without the Zoom X foam that could trim your race time.
“We wished we had more stock to fulfill demand, since we’re able to sell through our inventory pretty quickly,” says Wil Cramer, the general manager and footwear buyer for Brooklyn Running Co., in New York City.Nike Roshe Run Womens  Cramer wouldn’t reveal just how many pairs of the Vaporfly 4% the Nike Air Presto Damskie shop had sold, but said requests for replenishment by Nike were based on availability. He also confirmed that Nike would be releasing a new colorway next spring 2018, and that his store was already booked to get some—although he wouldn’t say how many.